Thursday, June 7, 2007

Virtual Vacation



Okay, I admit it! I LOVE SWAPS!!! Over the years I have swapped strips of themed fabric each month, yarn, scarves, etc. LOVE IT! It is so much fun it makes me grin just thinking about it! If you are a knitter that has not swapped goodies, I recommend it highly! This particular swap matches you up with someone anywhere in the world, and you send (and are sent) at least one skein of yarn, edible yummies, and things that tell the story of where you live/what is unique about your city/state. Fun yes? All you need to do is to go to http://virtualvacationswap.blogspot.com/ and send an email that says "I'm In" and fill out the questionnaire on your blog or by email if you are blogless. (Are there knitters that don't have blogs? I think not!) My questionnaire follows:

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why? Montana. I've only driven through (once) and I found it tremendously appealing. The wide open spaces, miles of sheep, etc. Mind you, I only want to go in the warmer months of the year!

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?
ITALY! I am desperate to go to Italy, it is so beautiful. We don't even need to mention that there is pasta and a language that sounds very Contessa-like!

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries? Yes. I drove across the U.S. 10 years ago from Florida, up the east coast to Virginia, across the mid-section of the U.S. and up and across to my final destination of Seattle.

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it? Korea.

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why? Australia and New Zealand via LAX, with a stop on the way home on Maui. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, what's not to like?

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.
I play tourist in every city I've ever lived in when friends and family come to visit. I think it is the best way to show others the sites.

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker? Beaches for me! I don't take off my tiara when I go, but believe me--- it is my favorite!

8. What's your favorite type of yarn? Sock yarn! Seriously, it would have to be wool, if socky-- then superwash.

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn? Sparklies or acrylics.

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet? Socks, bags, wraps, a sweater or two. I want to try my hand at mittens to wear walking this winter.

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation? You can't beat a pair of socks. Something that you can just 'drift' with, not have to think too much about pattern, etc.

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet? I am a reformed quilter, and I do love to hang out in the sewing room even though nothing of consequence has come out of there in some time.

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise) No allergies.

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite? My favorite color would be RED and my least favorite would be orange.

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)? Sweet. NO, savory! On second thought, sweet, but when it comes right down to it........................ :)

16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know? Not really........... and despite the moniker, I'm down to earth, funny, and generally love life!
***
And, just so you know (Questionnaire aside) I am still lusting after that tattoo!!! Seriously, what in the world has come over me??? During my walk today I thought a lot about it and to see if I could take my mind off of it, on the way home from work I went to one of my favorite yarn shops. I spent money, I relaxed, I enjoyed. Still I lust. I'm beginning to wonder how long it will be before I succumb!

I am still working on my socks.............. they have not had a lot of attention from me in the past couple of days, well, not as much as I would like anyway! When I get to the grafting part I just get sort of cranky.

1 comment:

hapagirl said...

My fault? My fault! How exactly is it my fault that you signed up for this swap too? "sniff" Man...I'm always getting blamed for stuff.:-)
Welcome to the world of knitting blogs, Contessa!