Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Another bride in the knitterly way

That is Kelly----- one of my very sweetest knitting brides this season! And get this, (drum roll please) Kelly actually KNITS!!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!

She is working Boogie, and doesn't she work it well? Drat that navy blue, it doesn't show nearly as well as it could!

Speaking of Boogie, it is finished and blocking as we speak. That navy wool took about 4 rinses to get all of the bleeding color out of the water. I hope that when it is worn the color leak will not be a problem! Just to be sure I will recommend that it not be worn the first time over a white shirt of any kind!

Currently the project is the Ravenna Satchel and I'm STILL knitting the black sections. With any luck I'll have them finished today. (That sounded dreadfully optimistic even to my own ears!)

For those living in the U.S., the last Presidential Debate is tonight---------- of course I will be watching but quite frankly, I will be so glad when it is all over. It seems we have larger battles to contend with both globally and here at home and the endless bickering is wearing me plumb to a nub!

2 comments:

Melissa Morgan-Oakes said...

debates: days I am glad I have no cable....

yoel said...

Yay! A real knitting bride! I could tell from the lack of fear in her face.

That navy is so perfect with the autumn sky. I'm going to have to make something blue for myself now...