Saturday, July 18, 2009

love that pocket!


As I head out the door this gorgeous Saturday morning ready to whip today's bride into shape (hee)............ I have my knitting bag at the ready, hoping that a row or two might happen while doing the inevitable waiting that always comes along. (I never knit during the ceremony when I am generally not working---- but I'd sure love to!)

Lexical is almost ready to begin the slight increases at the waist of the first front section. I'm still in love with the knit and the best part? Has to be the little inserted pocket-------- cute as pie and so slick to do. It's hard to tell from the photo, sorry----- but because of the self facing, it does roll while in progress.

Crazy July weather today, about 15 degrees below normal but who in the world is complaining, a true and unexpected delight. (No doubt the bride today will love it, when you are wearing pounds of satin and fluffy layers and your man is encased in a stuffy black tux--- well it is a good thing).

Hope your weekend will be fantastic!

3 comments:

Mereknits said...

Youe sweater is looking wonderful. I can't wait to see it finished.
Meredith

Elysbeth said...

I know it's nice for it be a little cooler, but it 60 in July up here. aargh. At this rate summer will pass me by.


Love a self lined pocket

yoel said...

The darling lil pocket is even cuter IRL. It's perfect for candies and lip balm.