Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow Day!

White Stuff. Lots of it. First stop this morning was coffee. Second stop was assessing if I'd have to shovel a path for the dogs. I didn't. They didn't go far, I'd say about 6 inches of snow and you know I really don't like it. Do not think for one second that I'm not grateful every single day that I frequently have the opportunity to work from the comforts of home----- on days like today, even as pretty as it is, I'm just pretty dip-dog thrilled not to have to be out in it!

Head down and working the Snow Schedule at Casa Contessa means no need to take off your jammies (okay, so that is not so different from any other day working from home)----- but with great effort and concentration clear the desk so that at least part of the day can be spent in the goofing off-ness that means Snow Day.

Waiting for me when I got home yesterday was a package of YARN. Perfect timing! 3 skeins to knit and 1 ball to swatch...

Gorgeous, I'm crazy about the color. It's Knit Picks Gloss Lace in "sterling". The color is pretty accurate above, it's a little gray, a little silver a little blue. Going to make a fabulous shawl.

The shawl of choice? As usual, I'm bringing up the rear and will knit the "Eiffel Tower Shawl" by Natalie Servant. The big one! The shawl is inspired by the "lace like details on the Eiffel Tower". Yum. It spoke to me the first time I saw it.

The swatching? Knit Picks City Tweed HW in "habanero". With plans to be in Santa Fe for the early '11 holiday season there is a sweater I'm hot to knit------ and I'm hoping that with a little tweak and twaddle I can make this yarn work, maybe doubled. As much as I hate to swatch for this project and the yarn sub, I'll be swatching indeed. Hopefully it won't be an arduous process.

Shoveling was pretty down and dirty------ a path out the back, clean off the car, boom. The front, not shoveled, sorry mailman. The knitting begins.

Now.

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

Love the new yarn. I have never ordered yarn from knit picks, do you like their yarn a lot? I have heard mixed reviews but have been thinking of ordering some to make some crochet projects. I have been looking at the catalog, the price is right thats for sure. Can't wait to see your projects,
Meredith

yoel said...

Ooh, pretty yarn! The habanero is a great color for Santa Fe!