Monday, March 8, 2010

Snow Sprinkle 4 Vacay

The weather here in vacay land has been early spring nice to downright chilly. I woke up this morning to a dusting of snow and understand that the mountains around us got a good bit of the white stuff. Speaking of waking up, somehow in this particular vacay mode I can't sleep more than 4 hours a night! I go to bed sleepy enough and rise before the chickens. (If there were chickens which there are not!) I think in part it is because I absolutely adore Santa Fe and wish I never had to go home. Heaven, absolutely heaven.

Off and on (mostly off) I'm working on Feather Duster, knit not in lace weight but in this yummy salmony pink worsted weight with a cottony feel (but is not cotton!) Emily's version in black fantastic laceweight goodnessis a future must knit but for the moment I'm enjoying this fatter version. After all of the fantastic food I'm feeling a lot like the fatter version myself! The wrap in progress is sitting on an antique prayer chair in a grouping around the dining room table here in the casita.

Citron is finished with a regular bind off instead of the surely more magnificent I Cord bind off. What can I say, I wanted to wear it! Love this knit and actually think I might knit it again (when the memory of that last 5oo-something stitch row wears off).

Last night we settled in by the kiva for fire and wine to watch the awards and relax. Lovely! Who knew a fireplace like this could warm up a room so much?

And I'm out.....................

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

So glad you are having a great time. You deserve it!