Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Jackie (of KIPing it real) and her First Bag

What a GREAT night last night was... I do love to sew and love me some great bags so when friend and fellow knitter Jackie sent a photo of a bag she liked and asked it I would help her make one sort of like it, I said a hasty YES!

She came by after work and we ordered Chinese (always a great start to any occasion)==== and got down to work. After she described what she wanted, we sketched and noodled. And measured and puttered. I showed her how to draft a pattern, and make a mock up in the non-perfect fabric. She worked diligently and the mock up was great with few changes. Moving on to her choice of fabric (which I have to say was VERY Jackie)------- we had a finished bag by 11 p.m.!!!!!


Didn't she do a GREAT job? Cute fabric--------- and just what she wanted! Her sewing skills were amazing. I was bragging on her today saying that it has been a very long time since I had someone at the machine who was such a natural, and so enthusiastic!

All of the pockets inside are great, and customized to her needs------ I told her that this style of bag with the pockets around and then room in the middle for other larger things has revolutionized my bag life.

Yup, fully loaded and you can see her KNITTING on the top.

Jackie took the photo above (and all of the others) and I particularly like the one above with her stylin' her bag as you can see her adorable doggie Paisley saying "hi Mom, fab bag!"

You can find Jackie's blog over on Vox where it seems I am unable to comment or even sign up. I'm trying not to take it personally.

She is also one of the newest podcasters and you really have to check her out! Find all about KIPing it real HERE!

Such fun................ now back to work!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I love that you said "of KIPing It Real" as though anyone would actually be like, "OMG! The KIPing girl!?! You *know* her?!?" Hahaha, makes me feel a bit famous.

I had so much fun. And I've been shoving the bag in everyone's face today being like, "Woah - I sewed this - wanna see the seams?"

It's opened up my sewing world. I'm not going to lie - I did glance at snazzy machines like yours tonight. But, I'm going to hold out until I can prove to do this a few times. Beginner's luck will bite you every time. :D

Jenny Girl said...

This is so cute! I love the bag idea and the fabric is awesome! Great job you two. I can't believe a novice sewer made this.
hmmm...there might be hope for me.

Will and Lisa said...

Are you kidding me? That bag rocks! I can't believe all of those pockets I am salivating! So lovely.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

CUTE bag!! Great job there girls. I love all the pockets inside.