Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day Seven: Knitting and Crochet Time 2KCBWDAY7

 
Time, the thing that confounds me most mightily! Makes me crazy if the truth be told. The time killers in my pie are equal additions of self-employed, overworked, and stressed out. When that pie comes out of the oven (or pressure cooker), what suffers is my creative time.

I knit best when:
  • Doing projects that can be easily picked up or tossed down
  • Surrounded by tea and snacks (think pretzels and m&m's)
  • and I do love to knit with PEOPLE, their accomplishments make me feel better about the lack of my own!
  • I knit in front of the television but never at the movies
  • When music is involved I prefer 60's (go figure and thanks Sirius)
  • If lace is on the needles I van't to be ahlone!
  • I can not actually READ while knitting (but have not tried it with my Nook) but do like podcasts (about knitting of course) or audiobooks.
  • I always have my two beloved dogs near me when I sit to knit. Prince is always at my feet and Hana is always curled by my side.


Time------- I've found recently while "cross training" with different crafts to clear logjams and insert spark that I do best when I schedule time to be creative. This goes for knitting as well. I actually sit with my schedule (old school on paper) and block out time to knit/sew/quilt/paint/craft. The problem comes in when I just want to sit and drool on myself while watching a TiVo'ed episode of Housewives. (any locale will do).

It is less the time than the motivation I fear. Both sometimes escape me when I need them most!

1 comment:

Caffeine Girl said...

I hear you: Time is the biggest problem in my life. Although I'm not self-employed, I tend to be a workaholic, too.

I'm always looking for some balance in the time area. It's hard to find!