Friday, September 24, 2010

Weekend Dawning

I have to say, I'm really looking forward to the weekend. I'm (blessedly and blissfully) off the bride trail and have knitting to do and lots and lots of taped tv to watch. What I'm not doing is wrangling brides OR making nice with folks I'd rather drop kick to the curb. Or painting, I'm not doing that either, which is a very good thing!

The sweater in my lap in the photo above was taken at knit group last week. I can't tell you how happy I was to have been able to go. Like, really glad. Work has been a kicker and I needed the smell of yarn and knitters to set me back to rights!

While enjoying the yarny camaraderie, Yo-El said that she hadn't seen many brides wielding knitting on the blog this season. She is SO right. And the fact is that brides this season have been---- well, it is not that they wouldn't have been accommodating. Or willing. Or even somewhat happy to comply. It is the fact that I haven't had much of a relationship with them, they've been ------ well just not my usual needle wielding happy subjects engaging in the first flush of marital bliss. Add that to the fact that this season has had me off contract for many of them and there has been a dearth of the usual bridely knitting. Tomorrow's bride would be wonderful, but instead I'll be sitting at home eating brownies in my jammies and happily knitting. Seems a fair trade-off if you ask me.

The lap full of sweater in the photo is indeed the cardi that has been in progress for a very long time. Since that shot, I've put on another few inches and hope to arrive at the armhole shaping on the back soon. As knitters know, once you get to that point the back seems to come together pretty quickly. I think I'll then knit a front (positively zoomy after the back) and then the sleeves before finishing with the other front. See, I must be getting into this sweater again since I'm making plans! ;)

The mondo blue lace wrap is DONE! Finito! After a good soak, she's now laying on the supah big table in the basement for a block. 80" inches of length, perfect! I had to add a bit more yarn on the end of the project to make it long enough. I'm really pleased with this super easy project, my second gift laying in wait for Christmas. Photos to come!!

No comments: