Wednesday, June 4, 2008

iMAGINE

It seems that life right now is at a critical point. Politics, the economy, the world stage, fuel prices........................ wow. I can't help but believe that we can all make a difference if we collectively put good juju out there. Imagine. Simply imagine.

In an effort to keep things a bit 'lighter' (while still giving a serious nod to the state of things) I stand and applaud S*x in the City!

No spoilers here................. just my very honest reaction. When the movie was over and I had laughed, and cried. When I had consumed a box of Milk Duds, half a bag of popcorn and most of a diet Coke. When I had kicked one of two men sitting in front of me in the back of the chair and muttered an oath because he was insensitive and profoundly loud and stupid. When the last credits rolled and I drew in breath.........

I absolutely LOVED it. You know, it will sound ridiculous when I tell you that it might be one of the best movies I've ever seen! I might have to see it again before the DVD comes out. Mind you, I don't buy movie DVD's routinely, I probably own about 4 of them to include Gone With The Wind, Under the Tuscan Sun and a few others----- but I will buy this one. I am a huge fan of Carrie and the girls and have followed them since Day One but my movie partner never really watched S*x and really enjoyed the movie as well.

So there you have it. Visualize peace and send good juju to the universe ---and go to the movies!

I have knit a bit, and finished my cheerful quilted table runner, I'll trot them out very soon. Thanks for all of the comments and emails with best wishes for my first blogversary, I appreciate them very much!

5 comments:

Jenny Girl said...

Glad you enjoyed the movie and that it lived up to your expectations. It stinks when it doesn't.

Sending good juju/karma to you and everyone. One good deed a day I say : )

Virtuous said...

I LOVE the movie too!! (pun intended) ;o)

The writers did an excellen job and of course it seemed as if the actresses never skipped a beat! Yah!

jen duncan said...

I'm doing my very best to send the love to the universe. It's certainly time for a change.
Thanks for the movie review. I'm going tomorrow afternoon.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I've never seen one episode of the tv show but I think I need to see the movie. Maybe I'll go alone and check it out.

Unknown said...

I loved the movie too. I had some annoying men in my theatre too, are they staffed or something?