Thursday, June 9, 2011

Soul Time

Yes, Soul Time............and I don't mean as in Blues Bros. either!!!!!!


As a long time fan of Brave Girls I decided that I must take their new class offering Soul Restoration 2. Mind you, I didn't get in SR1---- but thankfully no pre-requisites were in place. 

I've just began working on week one of this class to work on the heart and soul, and map out a course for the life I want to live. With ART! I mean, how great is that??? The questions from this week were deep, profound, and some really (like, sniffle and gulp) made me think. I'm STILL thinking. 

I've vowed to sleep [even] less, put myself first in the day when things are fresh. That's hard for me, how about you? I tend to put everyone and everything else first and foremost and when I have cleared my desk or have enough time for me, well by then I'm less than fresh and mostly just well toasted. Toasted not in a good way. 

I'm also knitting a little if four rows since Monday count. It's a shawl and the rows are long so I'm giving myself permission to feel good about it. 


My bathroom is newly painted "Terra Rose", and SINGS. I am in love with the color of the walls so much so that I had to get a new shower curtain and bathmat. They say that you should entertain in the room you look good in and I have to say I look FABULOUS in this pinky coral bathroom. I think I'll throw a dinner party in there! We'll start with canapes and mojitos since I'm growing mint specifically for that purpose. 

3 comments:

Mereknits said...

Tina, good for you, I am so proud of you putting yourself first. I love that you are taking care of yourself and making a plan. I also love your new bathroom color, perfect. Have a wonderful day,
Meredith

Robin said...

YEAH...you joined SR2!!!!! I am STILL finishing SR1. I am sure SR2 will be as soul-restoring as SR1 if not more. I can't wait to hear all the feedback from the other BGC sisters, including YOU!

And more so, good for you to be putting yourself first. I am another one who puts everyone and everything in front of me. I have learned in SR1 that is a bad choice for me. I really do suffer, physically and mentally and spiritually. I will be your silent BG cheerleader cheering YOU on and watching the wonderful YOU!

I LOVE your bathroom! You did a terrific job! And yes, a dinner party in there would be great. Can I come? I have lots of mint growing outside I can bring over....

Have a great weekend Tina!

Robyn said...

so when's the party!
Blessings,
robyn