Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Christmas Eve

My youngest nephew is pretty excited, Santa comes tonight. His older brothers have that worldly smirk about them-------- not remembering that they once were captivated by the magic too! Silly boys.

The Skull Mitts, finished. A few mods (outside of upsizing them a bit)---- the cuff is a solid black instead of the stripes for better stretchability and recovery. The backs of the mitts went totally striped instead of the patterned checks. Don't ask me why I thought stripes were a bit manlier. :) Love 'em and my son will get a kick out of them as well.

The story on myself is that I finished the mitts and was in the process of blocking them when I noticed that I'd missed a black stitch on the sides----- there is sort of a braid detail around the mittens separating the front and the back. Ack. So being the clever knitter with a bit of holiday laziness----- I did what any smart girl would do. I got out my S*harpie and colored in the offending white stitch to black. Perfection!

May your evening be magical!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty smart cookie!
Francis

Mereknits said...

Great idea. Hope you had a wonderful day and that your nephew never forgets the magic of Santa.