Monday, September 21, 2009

Ravenna Mulling

I can't give up on it, I just can't. After much knitting, and sitting, and aging, and still wanting the finished (gorgeous from others) Ravenna Satchel, I plug on. This morning I didn't like it much better than I did when it was blocking. I looked online at other satchels at this phase and some looked pretty oooookey too.

I shall shave------------ and there are a couple of holes that I will fix (blech), and then I will steam block as the shape is less than perfection.

I am hoping that when I needle felt it becomes a lovely beautiful wonderful thing. Or something like it. Right now it looks very blobby because the leaf stems are not all pretty and swirly, and the low contrast will definitely benefit from a bit of high and low lights.

Work is NUTS right now so I may not get to this as quickly as I would like. So it goes.

I have managed a few inches on the wrap, a lovely little de-stressing project. I have a wedding where I actually get to go be a GUEST the end of October, it would surely be lovely if it were wearable.

Get Knittin'

3 comments:

anitak76 said...

Wow. Um, okay. I'm not really sure what to make of that, now.

Anonymous said...

I think you will be surprised how much the needle felting will change things.
Francis

Unknown said...

Hello! I am Inés from Abuelita Yarns Company. I loved your Ravenna Satchel!! The colors and the pattern was great!
We are a uruguaian brand which sells yarns. If you want to know more about us please enter www.abuelitayarns.com or if you wish to see our articles and pictures enter www.abuelitayarns.com/blog/
Good luck! :D