Thursday, July 12, 2007

Baby Blue out the Door

One of the things I love the most about the summer flower garden is zinnias! They are arguably one of the happiest flowers, so pretty! Mine are having a fantastic year!

Oh huzzah, the baby blue sweater is done and out the door! Unbelievably, I did not photograph it. My niece was in town on business so I sewed on the last little pearl button about five minutes before meeting her at the airport to hand off the sweater. Being in a photo studio, you would have thought I would have grabbed a camera but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! She loved it, and that makes me smile.

So, here is what you do. Look at the blue swatch of knit below. Squint your eyes. Imagine a hood and two sleeves and adorable antique pearl buttons. There you go.......... it was cute.


I'm just glad it is done and gone because I still have the Pi (19 rows, a slow slog) of the last 40 rows. AND the MS3, untouched for 3 days. Please, please don't remind me that tomorrow is clue 3, I can't stand the pressure. I think the Pi is going to have to have more than 21 more rows, it just doesn't look big enough by a long shot. Jenni tells me not to fret about it at this 'jellyfish' stage......but I do.

Thankfully I am home from the studio early today and it promises to be a lovely afternoon. I might just be able to go sit out in the back yard under a patch of shade with the dogs and knit on the Pi. Doesn't that sound like a plan?????

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I haven't hit the last 40 rows yet.

Mine still looks like a jelly-fish. I can't imagine it is going to be big enough...I guess we'll see, right?