Before I get to work with the meme that Yoel tagged me with----- I do have some happy fo's. Above is the "Kimberly Bag" from Amy Butler. I have a pile of brights that I think I'm saving for totes or other projects, I wanted this one to be neutral (I live in black for work) and yet happy and 'me'. Aren't the handles fun? I should have snapped the lining, it is hot pink with circles of different colors. Great bag------ very VERY sturdy, the handle construction alone will be the springboard for every fabric handle I do going forth. The shape is great---- but for me anyway-- this is a smallish bag. Once your wallet and a few goodies are in there this baby is done.
So--- I am nothing if not dutiful---- how many times have I said that??? :) This is for you Yoel!
1.) What was I doing ten years ago?
- I was living in Honolulu Hawaii raising my last child, now 23. I hated Hawaii then, if I had only known then what I know now but isn't that what looking back tends to do???
- 1. Feed the dogs
- 2. Get to the Galleria for some skin care
- 3. Try to get the machine quilting done on the ever present wall quilt-- I really want this one to be done!
- 4. Read some more of Deepak Chopra's new book
- 5. Go for a walk. That really should be number one on my list I guess that is very telling that I list it as an afterthought, I'm so bad!!
- Yoel says that her favorite snack is cucumbers with ketchup, which I guess explains why she is so thin! My favorite snacks are never healthy, or rarely. The healthiest I can go is fat free cottage cheese and whole wheat crackers. My favorite would be caramel Bugles or M&M's. Are M&M's a snack or a complete food group?
- Invest it leaving a small bit to:
- pay off debt for those I love, including myself--- fantasies can start at home after all
- buy a house somewhere in Arizona or in Florida. Rather diametrically opposed locations but that is where I am right now. Hawaii would be great but I don't think with the way the world is heading I want to be so remote.
- Self-publish my book NOW instead of waiting a bit
- set up an organization that helped those in need. Like healthcare & education
- Wichita, KS
- Atlanta, GA
- Orlando, FL (and Oviedo)
- Chicago, IL (actually Lincolnshire)
- Carbondale, IL-- Go Salukis!
- Del Rio, TX
- South Jersey
- Upper Marlboro, MD
- Minneapolis, MN (Lakeville & Apple Valley)
- Honolulu, HI (Hawaii Kai and Ko'o O'lina)
- St Louis, MO
- Chief Cook and Bottle Washer- underpaid during and after
- Regional Sales Rep for a now defunct cosmetic company out of NY, NY
- Sales merchandiser for Neutrogena
- Instructor for Cuisinart
- various and sundry volunteer positions
- freelance writer
- Creative Director of a photography studio
WOO HOO------- Twilight is coming along. I actually thought I was further along on the foot of these socks. Perhaps it was just my eagerness------ the longing to be finished. Have I mentioned these have been in progress for just way too long? Please ignore those toes badly in need of a pedicure!
And I will close with my new table runner, seen in progress earlier. Is it not just the happiest summer runner ever? Love it with a big bowl of oranges on the table.
Lovely, I almost seem productive!