Time, the thing that confounds me most mightily! Makes me crazy if the truth be told. The time killers in my pie are equal additions of self-employed, overworked, and stressed out. When that pie comes out of the oven (or pressure cooker), what suffers is my creative time.
I knit best when:
- Doing projects that can be easily picked up or tossed down
- Surrounded by tea and snacks (think pretzels and m&m's)
- and I do love to knit with PEOPLE, their accomplishments make me feel better about the lack of my own!
- I knit in front of the television but never at the movies
- When music is involved I prefer 60's (go figure and thanks Sirius)
- If lace is on the needles I van't to be ahlone!
- I can not actually READ while knitting (but have not tried it with my Nook) but do like podcasts (about knitting of course) or audiobooks.
- I always have my two beloved dogs near me when I sit to knit. Prince is always at my feet and Hana is always curled by my side.
Time------- I've found recently while "cross training" with different crafts to clear logjams and insert spark that I do best when I schedule time to be creative. This goes for knitting as well. I actually sit with my schedule (old school on paper) and block out time to knit/sew/quilt/paint/craft. The problem comes in when I just want to sit and drool on myself while watching a TiVo'ed episode of Housewives. (any locale will do).
It is less the time than the motivation I fear. Both sometimes escape me when I need them most!