Monday, September 28, 2009

Valkyrie Voyage

The yarn has arrived, and the next project is off and going. Yes, I am still knitting the lovely hazy shawl, it is my knitting while hair on fire project.

It is the Valkyrie Vest by Lisa Shroyer in the new Interweave Knits Weekend magazine. The project (if you know it) is exactly like that pictured in the issue, not my norm but it is what it is. Youknowwho will get the vest and when the yarn options were looked at I went with LB Collection Organic Yarn in avocado.

I like the yarn very much, it knits into a very nice fabric, the texture is interesting and there is a play of sheen/flat that I like a lot. Not splitty at all, I'd agree with the Lion that this is a nice luxury organic yarn.

I was knitting away (watching football) and noticed that I had been pretty stupid. (Imagine!) After the ribbing on the back I had taken off on the wrong set of cable patterning, duh! I had to frog back to the ribbing (bye bye 4 inches!) and begin again with the correct pattern. The up side is when I get to the next set of cables I will be good to go honey!

I'm off work today (yay) and in addition to the project of going to the storage unit to pick up fall/winter clothes and swap out the closet (it is suddenly fall here!!!) I will finish the needle embroidery on the Ravenna Satchel. I decided to use a center separating zipper on the top of this large bag to keep it closed and help with structure so I picked that up over the weekend. Getting the needle felting DONE will hopefully spur me on to assembly and lining. I keep my fingers crossed that it will work out and be something I love.

On the bridal front, sad but true, I have yet another weekend with no bride with sticks!!!!! I've not been on the contract the past few weeks, which is nice--- but no knitting photos. I was on the contract yesterday but the bride kind of made me crazy and I never even posed her up. Maybe next week?

1 comment:

Suzy Girl said...

I love your new project! That green is so pretty and anything with a cable gets my vote. Good to know about the LB yarn too. I'll have to check it out.