Needless to say being knitterly, quilterly, crafty or painterly gets "squoze" in where I can. Often in the wee hours.
I do have a finished canvas from the [fabulous] online class with Christy Tomlinson. My girl is below:
the color on that shot is nasty for which I apologize, she really is cuter than she looks. AND, she has a great personality. :) I'm enjoying this plunge into mixed media a lot.
I think cross training the creative muscles has unblocked a log jam, or that's how it feels. I've been inspired to shake things up a lot around Casita Contessa.
A new lamp in the dining room (also where I work when I'm toiling at home). The fixture is IKEA of course, a special delivery from a recent houseguest who knows how to kiss up. LOVE that lamp as much as I thought I would. What has happened since the lamp was up:
- accent wall above the fireplace was repainted blue
- rug below the table changed out from black/leopard to a white frisee shag
- maple wood table moved to the creative space and chairs to the basement
- a new white table and chairs came to live at my house (or will when some assembly required happens)
- the two 'head of the table' chairs will be painted blue. They have remained unpainted for many years since inheriting these reddish pressed back oak chairs from my Mom
Maybe 3 rows have been knit but I don't think I sit down long enough to make that happen! And I consider it okay under the cross training rules.
Mad busy I tell you!