Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Get Thee To A Nunnery!

Really, a nunnery might be the only salvation for those contemplating a move anytime soon. Talk about simplification! You don't have to worry about a lot of that pesky 'wordly stuff', it is the epitome of lean and mean living.

I'm only half joking I think. No, I know I am only half joking.

This was the kitchen on day one, much of it came over in the back of the SUV and before everything was put away it was rather horrible. The kitchen is now finished and most lovely!

The sewing room (haven of all havens) is the last thing to get unpacked. It has also become the dumping ground for spare boxes, the carpet cleaner, the vacuum, and my new best friend the rolling gray cart. When you live on the second floor and do some moving yourself the rolling cart hauls a lottalotta stuff. And while being most helpful I do wish I had not tried to be so cheap and had more done by the professionals (aka big strong men who do not mind the endless shlepping of stuff).

TOMORROW will be the day I can start getting all of that crap OUT of there and begin unpacking and making the room lovely, and mine, and creative and happy. To paint or not to paint? How to organize? I think the first project will be a shower curtain for one of the bathrooms, have you ever noticed that when you know exactly what you want that you can't find it no matter how hard you search????


While everyone gets used to the new digs, poor Prince the Dog spent an awful lot of time in front of the door wondering what happened to his former residence. After a few days I'm happy to report that everyone is adjusting well.

Now, would someone please remind me how that whole knit purl thing goes?

1 comment:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Your scaring me!!! My house is trashed at the moment and it's about to get worse. We have crap everywhere. The being unorganized is killing me.
Poor doggy, I know our Madeline is going to be so confused too. She's gonna wonder where the beach went. lolol