Monday, May 12, 2008

Brought to you by Life Happens


I'm taking a little road trip for a Life Happens Moment, otherwise known as a Family Thang.

My cousin lives in Wichita and I'm heading out tomorrow in my little rental car stocked with iced tea, my iPod/car player, "Whitethorn Woods" on audio, a couple changes of clothes, a redwork block and some knitting----and will be there through Thursday. (As much as I would love to stay longer, I have to be back to wrangle a bride this weekend.) She is a great person and I love her dearly. Her husband was diagnosed with cancer and given 6 months to live almost 7 months ago and just as her life couldn't get more complicated her Dad (dear Uncle Bill) decided that it was time to throw in the towel, he couldn't live alone any longer. So there she is----- in the soup of life. Remarkably this woman keeps laughing, keeps cheerful, keeps her head out of her beer and isn't awash in sniffles, tears or pity. I quite frankly don't know how she does it. THAT will keep you humble.

So I'm heading out because I need to. Because we need each other, and because that is what you do.

I'll be back at the end of the week with a FABULOUS little interview with Kate Jacobs, author of the newly released "Comfort Food"..................

until then---- send good juju and get knittin' and quiltin'!

6 comments:

PamKittyMorning said...

Have a safe trip. I know how those 'thangs' go.

Love the flowering tree picture. My tree bloomed out probably a month and a half ago? Nothing as pretty as yours this time.

Virtuous said...

And that is definitely what good family do! Take care of each other!

Be safe!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Hi Tina,
Im sorry for your loss and I hope you have a safe trip.
The flowers are beautiful, thanks for sharing!!!
Be safe in your travel.

yoel said...

Oh dear... Condolences to your whole family. Your cuz is lucky to have you. Have a safe trip!

jen duncan said...

Hi Tina- That's very kind of you to up and go be with your cousin. I hope the trip was safe.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Just letting you know, I'm still thinking about ya!!! Hope things are going well.