Thursday, January 6, 2011

January------ I hate January

Here it is, January SIXTH------- I have no idea how we got here but I hope that the time flies until there are green leaves on the trees, the birds are singing sweetly and I'm knitting on the back porch in short sleeves!

The knitting injury is carpal tunnel. Bummer. I wear a brace when I'm at the computer for extended periods of time (which is most of my day). And I have still not knit a stitch since before Christmas. How sad is that???? The new Knit Picks catalog came yesterday and I must confess that the "Dogwood Blossoms" sweater (cardi) has sent me into High Want. The fact that I WANT to knit might indeed get me moving again, and of course I must finish the re-knit boat cover before I progress to something else.

And, dangit I'm sick again. No flu shot this year, man have I learned my lesson there. The doc yesterday said "ride it out" and sadly that is what I shall do. I am so lucky that I could cancel meetings today and can work from home. With my wrist brace, wearing pajamas and fuzzy socks. I know--- the mental picture is pretty hot! Back to back bouts with cold/flu have left me exhausted, just bone tired.

I hope you are feeling great, being very creative, and your weather is marvelous. One can hope!

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

I am so, so sorry you aren't feeling well. SOmething about a cold/flu in Janurary is just depressing. I had carpal tunnel from knitting severaly years ago. I always wore my splint to bed to keep my wrists relaxed. I also think massage helps, massage up around the neck and shoulders as the whole arm is an issue not just your wrists. Tiger Balm rubbed on your neck and wrists will really help. You can get it at your local health food store or Walgreens. When you start back knitting really limit yourself time wise, it's hard but has to be done.
Good luck I will be sending you positive healing thoughts,
Meredith

Robyn said...

hang in there
healing Light to you