Friday, May 14, 2010

Upcycle Somethin'

In a week of madness I did manage to play a little bit. The resulting loveliness is a bit of upcycled somethin' somethin'............. a project I'm working on to be revealed a bit later.

I'm loving vintage more and more and more, I'm sure it has nothing to do with my own increasing vintageosity!

And as I remembered, the bad (BAD!!) thing about having too many things on your needles, at least for me, is that nothing seems to really get done on anything!! The cardi has had maybe 6 rows added (not much in a cabled project of that magnitude), the mittens are sitting at exactly the same spot of readiness, and the Damson is sitting there taunting me with her plummy eyes. What? No shots of Damson? In all her 15 small rows of glory?????

Well, I can fix that!

Not much to see but there she is. I'd promised myself something easy peasy as a respite against the mittens and cardi------- and instead I find myself sloppy with the markers (frog one) and sort of disinterested.

It's going to be a rainy weekend here---- hope things are gorgeous on your side of the screen!

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

Tina,
I love rain, especially whenI can stay inside and getthings done around my house, and of course knit. We are 90 degrees and sunnywith high humidity.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend and get a lot done on your projects.
Meredith

Harper said...

I had the same problem with my Damson. I was feeling smug over how quickly it was growing when I noticed that a marker must have scooted under a yarnover halfway back [or maybe I "fixed" the marker, who knows?] and one of the paired decreases suddenly zigged over. Rip! Now it is going slowly as I feverishly count and recount each row.