Sunday, August 16, 2009

A little somethin' from the sewing room

I confess, I've done so much LESS than I thought I would with my time to myself. It's okay. I have spent a little bit of time in the sewing room working on a couple projects from the merlot side of the fall color board.

A simple and swingy jacket inspired by Eileen Fisher who is one of my favorite designers. I wish I could find her knit available on the bolt, yummy washable wool fine crepe--- the hand and appearance is wonderful. My jacket is a drapey fine knit but I'm still on the hunt.

The jacket is at the point where it needs about a mile of seam binding attached and I'm having trouble working up the energy. The other pattern is from McCalls. While I love everything in it for the moment the merlot knit will have that cute 3/4 length top with the intriguing yoke/neckline. It sits having been cut out. As it is 92 here today, fall seems far away.

I also noticed when last at Eileen Fisher (in Highland Park IL) that she is featuring a darling short sleeved sweater that looks SO like my Nimbus(es). Hers is wool, alpaca and merino and retails for $218. Get knittin' I say!

Have I mentioned my patent snakeskin print 3 strap peep toe pumps? Oh yeah! I can't wear anything above a nice flat for too long but the temptation overtook me.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

I just looked at that McCall's pattern last week, I loved the flow of the jacket... but knew I didn't have the time or energy to make it. I liked the shorter version for myself. Glad you had some time to yourself. Sometimes when I get time to myself I just can't settle down and accomplish anything, its like I don't quite know what to do with myself.

Happy Knitting,
Meredith