Friday, July 18, 2008

Drizzle Knitting Bride

Well at long last comes the knitting bride from last Saturday. Funny, here we are poised to run smack up against tomorrows bride! This tells you something about the studio workload this week, yes?

Last weeks knitting bride was so laid back, mellow and FUN--- which was a very good thing because the day was full of drizzle all the way to downright hard rain. Mary is good naturedly posing with Pi Are Square, plodding along, yet still a wonderfully happy knitting project. For those of you who don't knit but tell me you wished you did, a project like this is quite easy, despite its growing size.

And no Ann, I'm not knitting the Pi at Knitty. They do have a fabulous space, a groove group of knitters and led by the wonderful Thi----- but there is simply no time to hang with the company of knitters much. Speaking of Knitty, it seems that they are jumping on the knitting olympics bandwagon, that just sounds like so much fun! (Too much pressure, but buckets of fun!) Thi is on my *S* list right now as she is embarking on a trip I would lovelovelove to make, attending Knit Camp with Meg Swansen. Sigh. I love Thi, she deserves this glorious trip. However Thi.......... I'll be stopping by the shop to pick your brain when you get home!

I'll be leaving the studio early today, woo hoo. With any luck you will find me catching my Liesl back up, she looks SO MUCH BETTER on the smaller needles, I'm endlessly pleased that I started over!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I am knitting a Pi-like afghan right now. I love those circular projects like that. They are so portable.

yoel said...

It's so funny how all these brides hold the knitting like it's gonna break (or bite them)! Doesn't anyone knit anymore? Oh, kids these days...

Anonymous said...

I'm having a ball here! Can't wait to see you to tell you all about the glorious details of knitting camp.