Friday, September 7, 2007

No Reality Please!

It started earlier this week, I'm exhausted because I've been working on a project non-stop and there has been no time for anything other than work work work. It's been raining for 3 days and I haven't been able to walk and (who knew) I miss that incredibly much. My little girl dog Hana has been sick, and that makes me sad. (She is better today, yay!)

Today was just a crappy day and I mean that quite literally. Not. A. Good. Day. Period. We did however, go out to dinner with some great friends, the best Italian I've had in--- well maybe forever. Shrimp and scallops cooked perfectly done speidini style (lightly breaded) and in this amazing really light lemony sauce, it followed a couple of ice cold Amber Bock's and a plate of perfect calamari with two yummy sauces. Dessert was tiramisu, who could pass that up, it was sex on a plate. Okay it was better.

I had promised myself since we were going to be home early that I was going to by jiggy sit and knit this evening, just relax since tomorrow is a 12 hour day of freakin' Idiot Bride Duty. (Can you tell I'm not looking forward to this one?) I don't know who is worse, the bride or the Mother---- fabulous!

Anyway we walked in the house and ohmygosh the smell was horrendous. The basement was full of raw sewage. Delightful. It was 9 p.m. I plunged I swept I did what I could. It started raining again and all headway made was quickly replaced by even more yuk. Beyond yuk. The end of the story is that two hundred dollars later Roto Rooter (Jacob the lifesaver) came to fix the mess. He left and I swept and hosed and cleaned and then drowned the whole affected area with Clorox. Lots of Clorox. After a shower and a run of email and some prep for the wedding tomorrow I am just going to call it a day and go to bed.

Thanks for letting me vent! G'night! Tomorrow will be better and brighter.

Oh---- Dana? I know you want a peek at the 18K Vera Wang, when the pics get ready to be posted I'll pull one for you! I look at it and cynical me can only see a car!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I still don't know how you do bride duty! What a job...I thought being a high school teacher was tough. I bet you have stories!