This is my thought.... if having a few friends in life divides the sorrows and makes you happier and healthier then just how enormously huge is the online knitting community??? Not that onliners replace our local friends--- but wow! I think we should all embrace this as:
- we should never feel guilty about reading Knit Blogs!
- local knitting groups are GOOD for our health!
- Ravelry is practically a prescription for pete's sake!
- KAL's are probably as good for you as just about anything!
- Podcasts are also tremendously important for health and well being!
Thanks to everyone I read (and the list is long) as well as those I listen to, I knew you all enriched my life but now I feel positively smug about it!
On a separate but sort of related topic---- I really don't mind that Fourth Hour of The Today Show I suppose, I very rarely will be able to watch it anyway. You can tell their focus and audience will be Women At Home, and isn't it nice that there is something on television that isn't Judge shows, but I wonder about the online chemistry. I love Ann Curry as I said before, and the new host Hoda Kotb is wonderful, she's a good fit with Ann. But Natalie Morales? That chick bugged me from go and having her in the soup is really irritating.
Okay, I'm done.