Thursday, September 1, 2011

Happy National Sewing Month

 
National sewing month a thing to be celebrated?
ABSOLUTELY!
The observance of National Sewing Month began in 1982 with a proclamation from President Ronald Reagan declaring September as National Sewing Month “In recognition of the importance of home sewing to our Nation.” 

I'm celebrating by ordering a dress form. I've wanted one FOREVER and am going to take a form, add padding and a heavy cover and make it totally mine and totally wonderful. Now
I'll have a tutorial on making you one too!

Now back to sewing, I hope to have some goodness to show you. (Hope being the operative word!)

Hope you do something Sewist today!






1 comment:

Mereknits said...

I am jealous once again. I want an antique dress form but have yet to find one I want for the price I want to pay. Happy weekend Tina, how is the cowl coming along?
Meredith