Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cluck Cluck

A chicken update for those of you who MUST know. (And I know you are out there, those chickens are adorable!!!)

They are from the fab folks at Blue Sky----- using their yummy cotton. The chickens are part of a knit along over at Webs, Kathy and Pixie have been talking about them during the podcast knitaglong section and they have been making appearances at Kathy's blog.

In a bit of related sadness, I did hear from customer services at Webs this morning. Billing issue. Operator error of course, this happens when you use the company card to bill and the shipping address for home. Nothing matches, bummer. You know darn well that I'll be doing the happy dance when the chicken pattern does come, to tell the truth I'm a little busy to be getting ready to hatch a chick anyway.

Yarn selection? Oh yeah. Not sure what whimsical combination my chickens would be I got a fun array. Some buttery cream, some creamy white, some pink, some blue, some red------ and I think a very sunny yellow. My new tres chic black buffet (think fab French Country) will be in just in time to make the move and I'm just thinking a fat little chicken or two will look pretty great. I'll post colors later, maybe you can help me come up with great combos!

If you are chickening------ please let me know!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Melissa Morgan-Oakes said...

I chickened and it was lovely. Awesome. And I love my chicken. Then I turned the leftovers into hotpads and potholders because it seemed the thing to do!

yoel said...

Oh, that sucks about the delay in chicken-making. I saw a glass chicken today and almost bought it for you, then I looked at the price and thought, heck, she can knit a better one anyway!

PamKittyMorning said...

Those chickens are killing me. I'll be looking into them for sure. Wonder if I could force my mom to make me a little flock.

Elysbeth said...

Hope your "eggs" get there soon so you can have chickens.