Saturday, February 21, 2009

Old and Mardi Gras

I'm in the Studio working today, another (yay) non wedding Saturday. NOBODY gets married in this town on Mardi Gras Saturday! (To which I say amen and hallelujah!)

Out the window when I came in were the floats lined up and ready to head the few blocks to the parade route. The one with the porta potty and the guy with green and purple balloons glued to his bare nippes caught my eye. Especially as it is 16 this morning.

I am feeling most especially old as I watch the tons of Mardi Gras go'ers park here and walk into S*oulard for the big day, all are wearing beads (to be soon augmented by many more) and bundled up against the cold. Many are getting a jump on their alcoholic intake. As I stood and watched them shuffle toward the parade with beer in hand, at well before 10 a.m. I felt old.

Sometimes age does bring with it wisdom!

Happy Mardi Gras!

2 comments:

Melissa Morgan-Oakes said...

16 degrees with balloons. Kinda crazy person. If age means being smart enough to wear a jacket, BRING IT ON!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Did you say balloons on his nips?? LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you move here to Ca. and didnt know it?? I didnt think people acted like that over there.